Hopefully you’ve been keeping up with the information posted by WaiBOP Football Federation and NZ Football, which we’ve been posting on the Facebook page.
Thankfully, we now have more to report (read on).
Apologies for the length of this message…it won’t happen again. Please contact me on email@example.com if you have any further questions.
TRAINING – JUNIORS & SENIORS
Currently, teams are allowed to train but groups sizes are limited to a maximum of 10 people (including the coach), which makes things a bit difficult for most of our teams.
The Government is due to make another announcement on Monday which is supposed to include information on group sizes. If the group limit is increased, as we expect it to be, then all our teams will be good to go for training.
All the coaches have been sent the relevant information, including contact details, so if you haven’t been contacted yet then you should be soon. You’ll find our up to date junior team lists HERE.
CONTACT TRACING FOR TRAINING
PLAYERS (AND PARENTS): Please follow the simple checklist shown above (more details below).
COACHES: I’ll be in contact in the next couple of days with more details for you.
BEFORE YOU GO TO YOUR FIRST TRAINING SESSION
- All players, coaches, and team staff MUST BE registered with their club. This is done via your MyComet account. Most of you will already have done this.
- Your MyComet information must include your full name, address, phone, and contact email.
- We will add you to your team’s player catalogue, which will be provided to your coach/manager.
- Any person (player, coach, team staff, parent, spectator) who will be involved in any football activity, including training, MUST be registered in the iDMe online contact tracing register.
- Multiple people can be registered in iDMe on one device.
AT EACH TRAINING SESSION
- Any person (player, coach, team staff, parent, spectator) present at a training session will enter the five-letter venue code in their iDMe profile.
- The venue code for the Matamata Domain is: JHOGU.
- The venue code for Pohlen Park is: EHWII.
- Your iDMe venue presence information will be held centrally by WaiBOP Football.
- Before each training session the team list will be printed by the coach/manager and taken to the session.
- Before the start of each training session, check in with your coach/manager. They will record your presence along with:
- 1) the training group you will be assigned to;
- 2) The date and time of the session;
- 3) the name of the person who dropped you at the training venue (if applicable);
- 4) they will also also record the name of the person picking you up from the training venue (if applicable).
- This information will be kept securely for no less than 4 weeks from the date of the session, after which time it can be destroyed.
GAMES – JUNIORS & SENIORS
We’re waiting on NZ Football and WaiBOP to give the go ahead for the start of the season. Saturday June 6 is currently penciled in as the start date for JUNIOR football, and the weekend of June 13 & 14 is the target for SENIOR football.
Both dates have yet to be confirmed. We should know more next week.
We also intend to still run a MINI-KICKERS programme but the start date may be a bit later. We won’t be able to run Mini-Kickers until the group size limit is raised considerably. We’ll contact our Mini-Kickers members when we have selected a start date.
EXTRA TRAINING FOR OUR YOUNG SWIFTS
All RHFA training wll restart on Monday June 1. You can sign your child up HERE.
JULY SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAMME
This is due to run from Monday July 13 to Thursday July 16. For more information and registration details you can click HERE.
We appreciate your support during these times. If you have any questions on any of the above, or anything else, please let me know. I’ll do my best to help.
President, Matamata Swifts AFC