2022 Season: Registration is open!
REGISTER // Click HERE.
JUNIOR TEAM LISTS – 8th to 13th Grades
COACHES REQUIRED If your child is in a team that doesn’t yet have a named coach, and you’re interested in helping out, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEAMS Click HERE for our junior team lists, as at April 3, 2022.
- If your child is not on a team list, but you believe they should be, please contact email@example.com.
- Coaches will be in contact with you in due course regarding training and games.
- Teams may be altered or added to prior to the start of the season. If you have any comment or input on the team lists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org asap.
SQUAD SIZES Some of our squads for the older age groups are larger than ideal. This is because in the boys 11th and 12th grades and girls U13 age groups we don’t have enough registered players to form more teams. We can, however, accept late registrations.
- In the boys 11th and 12th grades: Contact email@example.com if you know of anyone who’d be interested in playing – we’ll hold their names on a waiting list until we have enough for another team.
- In the girls U13 grade: we are waiting to find out confirmed numbers at the college. There is a chance that our older girls in this age group could join with some college aged players to form another team.
EQUIPMENT Players require football boots and shin pads, along with black shorts and black socks. Playing shirts will be provided.
- Shorts and socks can be purchased HERE.
MINI-KICKERS (4th to 7th Grade)
- Sessions are every Saturday at 9am at Pohlen Park. The first session is on April 9. For more information click here.
- Saturday May 7 (April 9 for Mini-Kickers) – all games begin.
We have adopted a junior development philosophy, along with both a parent’s and footballer’s code of conduct. Click here to read these. You can also download pdf versions of each statement.
Please also refer to the general club policies of Matamata Swifts AFC here.
Coaches, Managers & Parents: Please click here for forms and documents relating to Waikato Junior Football this season. This includes rules and regulations for the various grades, along with the 2022 Waikato junior calendar.
2022 REGISTRATION FEES
- Junior Mini Kickers (4-7 yrs): $30.00 (players born in 2015 to 2018)
- Junior (8 yrs): $30.00 (players born in 2014)
- Junior & Youth Players (9-14 yrs): $85.00 (players born in 2008 – 2013).
- Payment of fees must be made at the time of registration. Register HERE.
- Shorts and Socks: Junior players can purchase shorts and socks, along with other Swifts gear, at our ONLINE SHOP. Also look out for the Junior Starter Packs, which contain boots, shin pads and a ball.
- Any queries about team selection must be made in writing to the club’s management committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dwayne Barlow (021 993 832)
Want to join the Swifts?
We run teams for adults and kids, males and females, that compete at a range of different levels.