2021 Season: Games begin on October 21 (note: new start date)
Fez Kebab Summer 5-a-side Soccer
Click HERE for the Draws & Tables.
Entries are now open. Please complete the online entry form. There will be no registration evening this year.
Entry fee: $180. Rules: click HERE.
Your entry fee must be paid in full to guarantee your team’s position. Each team will receive a match ball on the first night of 5-a-side.
UPDATE: OCTOBER 11, 2021
Under Covid Alert Level 2 guidelines, 2021 we CAN proceed with 5-a-side this summer. Key points to note are:
- There are restrictions on the number of players and spectators that can attend a sporting event – up to a maximum of 100.
- The NZ COVID Tracer app must be used.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres should be maintained wherever possible, especially from people that you don’t know.
Click HERE for full Alert Level 2 guidelines.
FORMAT UPDATE (October 21 to November 11*)
- The season will now begin on Thursday October 21.
- Games will be played in modules, with teams playing two games consecutively during a 30-35 minute time block each evening.
- There will be a gap of 15 minutes between each module.
- Entries will be capped at a maximum of 30 teams – so enter NOW (fill out the form below).
The main reason for this format is to limit the amount of people at the Domain at any one time, which will make it easier to ensure we meet the gathering size guidelines.
* This format will be reviewed after the first four weeks.
The rules are the same as for 2020, but please make sure you read them carefully.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Payment can be made by internet banking. Our bank details are: Matamata Swifts AFC, Westpac Matamata – 030363-0323570-00. Please use your team name as the reference.
We also accept payment by cash, cheque or eftpos. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. Cheques can be made payable to Matamata AFC.
Dwayne Barlow (021 993 832)
Want to join the Swifts?
We run teams for adults and kids, males and females, that compete at a range of different levels.