As at March 28, 2021
We are close to finalising our junior teams for the 2021 season. As with every season, it’s a case of trying to make our playing numbers work across various age groups that come with differing squad size requirements. We take this job seriously, as our ambition is to help ensure every junior Swift has a great football experience.
We have organised most of our team groups – you can see these at the link below.
In some age groups, however, we still have a bit of work to do. These are:
- 10th Grade – to help finalise our two 10th grade teams we will hold a training session on Thursday April 1. This session will be at the Matamata Domain and begins at 4.30pm (players can arrive from 4pm).
- At this session, we will also outline some other opportunities available to players in this grade in 2021.
- Girls U10 & U13 teams – we are waiting on Matamata College to finalise their playing numbers for 2021. This will determine where some of our older players will be placed, which may then have implications on where some of our 10- and 11-year-old girls are placed.
- Currently, our options appear to be either: two U10 teams; or one U13 team and one U10 team.
If you have any questions at this point, please email Dwayne Barlow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We aim to have final team lists available by Friday April 2, 2021.
- Coaches will be named with the final team lists.
- Once the teams are named, coaches will be in contact with the players to organise training times.