The final night of Fez Kebab Summer 5-a-side Soccer was held at the Domain on Thursday December 22. The season finished with the traditional knock-out competitions on what was a frantic night of football.
Thank you to everyone who took part over the last three months. And, of course, a huge thank you to event naming sponsor, Fez Kebab, whose generosity allowed us to reward all the successful teams from both the league and cup competitions.
FEZ KABAB SUMMER 5-A-SIDE SOCCER – LEAGUES
- Premiership: Boy Jakol (1st), Fez Kebab FC (2nd).
- Premiership 2: Heny’s Shitkickers.
- Premiership 3: Putin First Football.
- Championship: The Ring Ins (1st), 2 Goals 1 Cup (2nd).
- Conference: Comag Steel Walkers (1st), Booze Bros (2nd).
FEZ KABAB SUMMER 5-A-SIDE SOCCER – KNOCK-OUT
- Premiership Cup: Boy Jakol (1st), Fez Kebab FC (2nd).
- Premiership Plate: Henry’s Shit Stirrers (1st), PutinFirst Football (2nd).
- Championship Cup: Dad Bods (1st), Comag Steel Walkers (2nd).
- Championship Plate: Booze Bros (1st), Henry’s Little Shits (2nd).
- Championship Consolation: Comag Sueynators (1st), War Machine (2nd).
Fez Kebab Summer 5-a-side Soccer is a team effort. Thank you to everyone involved for their help with preparing the grounds, marking the lines, running the bar and selling the food to hungry competitors.
We were also pleased to support the efforts of Matamata Swifts’ 11th Grade Tigers team, who ran a regular fundraiser during the course of the season. The team was raising money to support the registration costs associated with attendance, for a number of their players, at the Ricki Herbert Football Academy’s summer national camp.