Matamata Swifts’ Annual General Meeting was held on Monday November 22.
A good turnout of club members were presented another strong financial result, despite the recent Covid-influenced circumstances, and a not completely depressing report from the club President.
The meeting also paid their respects to Life Members Jack Poole and John Tarry, along with Teresa Harris and Jason Lawrence, who all passed on during the last 12 months.
The new management committee, for the 2022 season, was also elected. They are:
- President: Dwayne Barlow.
- Vice-Presidents: Peter Challis and John Harris.
- Treasurer: Michael Candy.
- Secretary: Bob Ricketts.
- Club Captains: Nat Gaskell and Kyle van Waveren.
- Junior Co-ordinator: Hayri Cihan.
- Management Committee: Julie Clothier, Josh Couchman, Rob Cox, April Donnelly, Blair Griffiths, Hunter Logie.
- Patron: Several people were nominated to fill this role. They will be approached and announced in due course.
Following the AGM, Matamata Swifts’ senior award winners were announced.
- Club Person: Nat Gaskell.
- Outstanding Club Member: Hayri Cihan.
- Personality: Blair Griffiths.
- Sportsmanship: Mike Hills.
- Veteran Player: Rob Cox.
- Goalkeeper of the Year: Andrew Gibbs.
- Senior Leading Goal Scorer: Chris Walker.
Our various teams have all held their own end-of-season awards events. Winners will be announced once this process has run its course (expected to be by early-December).